So lastweek during the Easter celebrations, my sister decided to take us (me & my immediate sister) for lunch and I decided to use flexi rods (bendy rollers) on my hair to:
– Stretch out my hair.
– To achieve whatsoever curls if possible.
To do this, I made use of the ORS Wrap/Set Mousse which is in a sample pack, got this a while back from my sister, maybe from her relaxer or something, this 1 oz size was enough to coat my hair all round & then some, if you want to try this, getting a sample size is better so you don’t waste money in case you don’t like it.
Moving on, the mousse is synonymous to Lotta Body Setting Lotion (that blue colored setting lotion used in salons to set the hair before going under the dryer, remember?) in terms of functions.
- Stretch hair with whatsoever method plays well to you.
- Section the hair (I sectioned mine into two).
- Part a section off and brush/finger detangle.
- Apply leave in, oil of choice and the wrap/setting mousse.
- Brush again then curl.
* My hair was stretched previously using the African threading method as seen here so I did this on already stretched hair.
* Because I didn’t have all day I opted for medium sized sections of hair to curl but you can do whatever plays well to your mood. Small sections = smaller curls, medium sections = medium curls…
* I also made use of the smallest flexi rods for most sections of my hair then the second smallest for other sections.
It is shown step by step below:
I liked the curls (the little I could see) but I wasn’t psyched by it, next time I’d take smaller sections of hair to have a more defined look, however, my hair was stretched with those curls.
I like the mousse as well, applied alone without using the flexi rods led to curl definition of individual strands.
P.S I couldn’t sleep properly, lol, I kept tossing and turning my neck hurt. 😦