Hey darlings! Happy mid week (lol if there’s anything like that), the weekend is almost here, hang in there!
So I just felt I needed to update you all on my wash routine, it’s been a while I posted anything about my wash routine so here goes.
Nothing has changed really but overall, this is what I (am supposed to) do every wash day.
Wash day was on Saturday so this is how it went:
DETANGLE/REMOVE SHED HAIRS
- So if i’m taking down a protective style (braids, sew ins) I apply conditioner all over my hair then take down but I had my hair cornrowed so I just loosened it without conditioner.
- Brush my hair with a wide tooth comb or denman brush or paddle brush to remove shed hair.
- After brushing, I section my hair into four and apply V05 shampoo or I wet my hair as a whole and apply Dudu Osun Black Soap and wash two to three times till my hair feels clean.
- I condition my hair with any rinse out conditioner I have, I used Trader Joe’s Nourish Spa Conditioner.
- I condition my hair in twists (when I’m not in a hurry) and detangle as I apply the conditioner.
- Wear shower cap/nylon for heat.
- I let the conditioner sit for a minimum of 30 minutes before rinsing.
- To deep condition, I use any deep conditioner I have, I used Nothing But Intense Healing Mask.
- I love to mix my DCs with other stuff so I added honey, Aphogee Balancing Moisturizer, EVOO, EVCO.
- I DC in twists (when I’m not in a hurry) and detangle as I apply the DC.
- Wear nylon and shower cap for added heat.
- I let the DC mic sit for a minimum of 1 hour before rinsing.
- To top my wash process, I do an ACV rinse.
- On lazy days I rinse it out after a minute, on good days I let it sit for at least five minutes.
MOISTURIZE & TWIST/STRETCH
- I then follow up with Elasta Qp Olive Oil & Mango Butter Leave In Conditioner, EVOO, EVCO, Whipped Shea Butter to moisturize and seal in moisture.
- Depending on the look I’m going for the next day, I twist or stretch my hair using thread.
- Let my hair dry then tie my satin scarf, ce fini, wash day is over.
P.S My hair shed so bad on Saturday, my ends are so raggedy, I don’t have a protein treatment (I miss my Vitale Olive Oil Hair Mayonnaise), I was going to henna my hair but procrastination is just of the devil!
What’s your wash routine like?
13 thoughts on “Wash Routine – Updated.”
Awww..I love your gorgeous locks!!! I have natural hair but I hate to touch hair…mine grew by accident so I’m kind of stuck with this stagnant growth.
Thanks for sharing 🙂 🙂
Lol what? I like your hair! Please develop love for your mane asap girl!
Is Dudu osun a good shampoo?
That vitale deep conditioner is the one! i can’t find anybin stock anywhere though 😦
It’s not on these online NH stores, I can’t seem to find it in Abuja either.
Our routine is basically the same except that I skip the conditioning step and go straight to deep conditioning after shampooing.
Your hair has grownnnn!
Nigerian and Natural
I skip conditioning step too on lazy days! Haha it sure has, thanks hun.
I miss using Vitale hair mayonnaise too..because I’m currently trying out new conditioners like the ORS mayo and Shea moisture restorative conditioner. By the way, those bantu knot out are amazing!
Thanks babe, trying new conditioners has its perks too you know ^.^
I love your bantu knot out, wish I get that definition for my knot out too.. 😦
Thanks hun, I’m not big on definition so I could care less but I used only whipped shea butter and got these results.