Hey darlings! Happy mid week (lol if there’s anything like that), the weekend is almost here, hang in there!
So I just felt I needed to update you all on my wash routine, it’s been a while I posted anything about my wash routine so here goes.
Nothing has changed really but overall, this is what I (am supposed to) do every wash day.
Wash day was on Saturday so this is how it went:
DETANGLE/REMOVE SHED HAIRS
- So if i’m taking down a protective style (braids, sew ins) I apply conditioner all over my hair then take down but I had my hair cornrowed so I just loosened it without conditioner.
- Brush my hair with a wide tooth comb or denman brush or paddle brush to remove shed hair.
- After brushing, I section my hair into four and apply V05 shampoo or I wet my hair as a whole and apply Dudu Osun Black Soap and wash two to three times till my hair feels clean.
- I condition my hair with any rinse out conditioner I have, I used Trader Joe’s Nourish Spa Conditioner.
- I condition my hair in twists (when I’m not in a hurry) and detangle as I apply the conditioner.
- Wear shower cap/nylon for heat.
- I let the conditioner sit for a minimum of 30 minutes before rinsing.
- To deep condition, I use any deep conditioner I have, I used Nothing But Intense Healing Mask.
- I love to mix my DCs with other stuff so I added honey, Aphogee Balancing Moisturizer, EVOO, EVCO.
- I DC in twists (when I’m not in a hurry) and detangle as I apply the DC.
- Wear nylon and shower cap for added heat.
- I let the DC mic sit for a minimum of 1 hour before rinsing.
- To top my wash process, I do an ACV rinse.
- On lazy days I rinse it out after a minute, on good days I let it sit for at least five minutes.
MOISTURIZE & TWIST/STRETCH
- I then follow up with Elasta Qp Olive Oil & Mango Butter Leave In Conditioner, EVOO, EVCO, Whipped Shea Butter to moisturize and seal in moisture.
- Depending on the look I’m going for the next day, I twist or stretch my hair using thread.
- Let my hair dry then tie my satin scarf, ce fini, wash day is over.
P.S My hair shed so bad on Saturday, my ends are so raggedy, I don’t have a protein treatment (I miss my Vitale Olive Oil Hair Mayonnaise), I was going to henna my hair but procrastination is just of the devil!
What’s your wash routine like?