Hey loves, doing good today? This week has just been a drag so far because of the traffic and long hours at work but here’s a new post, I know I promised a product review but I felt I needed to tell you all what I do to my hair right after washing it. To read on how I wash my hair, click here.
What I Did
- Sectioned my hair into four quadrants.
- Starting from the last quadrant, I parted a mini section, spritz just water, applied my clarifying soap, rubbed my scalp to remove build up and twisted that section.
- I rinsed my hair still in twists, applied more of my clarifying soap and rinsed again so I clarified my hair twice, sometimes thrice.
- I skipped regular conditioning and jumped to DC but I used my rinse out conditioner as a DC (I’m low on a DC so that’s my trick).
- I mixed Trader Joe’s Nourish Spa Conditioner with Honey & EVOO to form a very light consistency.
- I applied the mix to each unraveled twist then twisted it back.
- Wore a plastic cap for about an hour or two.
- After rinsing, my hair felt so moisturized and not dry and thirsty anymore.
- I skipped the ACV rinse.
- To moisturize, I unraveled each twist and did the LOC (Liquid/Leave In, Oil/s, Cream/Butter/Moisturizer) method (I’ve stopped adding oils to my hair since my leave in and my whipped shea butter are both infused with dozens of oils).
- I applied JBCO (I know, a review soon, I promise) to my edges and scalp only.
- Afterwards, I stretched my hair using thread.
- Unraveling the thread the next day my hair felt moisturized still.
- Since I’m still confused on what to do with my hair, I did mini twists on stretched hair.
I honestly believe this is my best wash day experience yet because I manipulated my hair less and did a two-in-one method of washing my hair.
- Clarifying soap = to clarify and detangle.
- Rinse out conditioner = to moisturize, detangle and deep condition.
I have some products I purchased from Sizzelle over the weekend and they’d arrive this week, I’m excited to try these new products.