Lol I’m just bombarding you with product reviews, it’s so bad that one of the search links to my blog stated “what I wore to church Bookie“, awww you miss my church OOTDs? I haven’t been able to take pictures because I go for first service and when I’m back there’s no one to help take pictures. Selfie stick loading soon, sorry.
How are you today nonetheless?
I’m reviewing my first facial product from a brand I really love; St. Ives, let’s jump into the review shall we?
Product: St. Ives Blemish Control Apricot Scrub.
Product Promise: Prevents blemishes & minimizes pores.
Product Information: Oil-free 2% salicylic acid acne medication, 100% natural exfoliants, sulfate free, paraben free, hypoallergenic, dermatologist tested, non-comdogenic. For the treatment of acne, helps prevent new blackheads and acne blemishes from forming.
- Clean the skin thoroughly before applying this product.
- Cover the entire affected area with a thin layer and rinse thoroughly one to three times daily.
- Because excessive drying of the skin may occur, start with one application daily, then gradually increase to two or three times daily if needed or as directed by a doctor.
- If bothersome dryness or peeling occurs, reduce application to once a day or every other day.
Size: 6 oz.
Ingredients: Water/Aqua, Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Glycol Stearate SE, Glycerin, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Zea Mays (Corn) Kernel Meal, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetearyl Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Cetyl Acetate, Ceteareth-20, Carbomer, Polysorbate 60, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Fragrance, PPG-2 Methyl Ether, Phenethyl Alcohol, Methylisothiazolinone, Titanium Dioxide.
The breakdown of these ingredients are quite frightening, read this.
Smell: Nothing fancy, smells like regular soap.
Consistency: Moderately thick.
Where To Buy: Literally everywhere, this product is easy to find.
How I Use:
I use this every other day; once/twice a week because of the salicylic acid in it, don’t want dry-patchy skin.
- First I cleanse my face using this cleanser.
- On slightly damp/moist skin, I apply this scrub all over my face/neck/chest in circular motions starting from my cheeks.
- Wait for some minutes sometimes (I personally like to do this, completely optional).
- I like the packaging, easy to use.
- Readily available and affordable.
- It cleanses my skin like no other, highly exfoliating.
- My skin feels baby soft after using this because of the glycerin in it, it’s not drying at all.
- After reading the ingredient breakdown, I’m starting to feel guilty but I read the ingredients in unison are friendly to the skin, only when used separately are they harmful , scientist anyone?
- Some people might find the exfoliating beads in it a bit too big and harsh on their skin, if so, try not to work in faster circular motion, it’s your skin not back of pot lol.
Will I Buy Again?
I don’t know oh, the ingredients list is so alarming but this actually works for me, it gives deep exfoliation and a smooth finish, coupled with my Toner.
What’s your favorite affordable facial scrub?
12 thoughts on “Product Review: St. Ives Blemish Control Apricot Scrub.”
Love the review! St. Ives is one of my favorite exfoliators! I’ve been using it since i was 16, it’s truly amazing ❤
Thank you Kenia.
Yes they never do wrong in my books.
Thanks for stopping by.
I love the scrub as well. Get the job done. My face is always soft after use
Thanks for stopping by dear.
I love using this product!!!
Me too! Thanks for stopping by Ishan. 😊
LikeLiked by 1 person
The beads are a bit too rough for me. I prefer to do chemical and enzyme exfoliation.
Yes they can be quite rough, also read that due to the rough beads it causes tears in the skin, may not repurchase though.
Chemical exfoliation? Now that’s something!
I’ve never used this product but I’ve heard a lot about it. I look forward to trying it someday..😊
You should however it has big/rough beads, worth noting.
LikeLiked by 1 person
I NEED ST. IVES – BLEMISH CONTROL SCRUB – APRICOT. ITS NOT FOUND IN MY AREA. HOW CAN I HAVE IT.
I think you can check online stores (if you’re in Lagos, Nigeria) or the St. Ives main store (if you’re abroad).